Joe Shlabotnick

I just got a quote this week from Metropolitan Heating and A/C in
Scarborough for the 60,000 BTU version of the Carrier 58MVP - about $4,800 +
GST. Obviously higher than your quote (although in our case the new furnace
would be relocated slightly from the existing, to increase storage space
etc. - among other things this will entail discharging and recharging the
existing a/c system.)

May I ask who you got your quote from? I would like to give them a call as
well.

thanks in advance!
"IHateSpam" wrote in message
. ..
I cannot compare units, but I could tell you that I am getting Carrier
Infinity 100000BTU, for about 4200$CA + 7% GST. here in Toronto area. That
includes 5 year waranty on parts and labour (not just parts!!!). There

will
be also 350$ rebate from utility company, as I am buing it before Aug 31.
Also I did home energy efficient inspection before installing unit that

cost
me 214$, but expect that after replacing furnace will get back from
govrnment about 500$ grant for improving my house energy efficiency. That

is
another 300$ savings.

Does your quote include anything else? Like humidifier, air cleaner,
thermostat etc? Could you tell company you got this quote from?

"Jdmst" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,
The discussion about furnaces is quite timely for me. I face the same
dilemma. I have to get a new furnace and I'm faced with any number of
models. I do want to go high efficiency gas, 2 stage, probably with the
DC motor.

My question would be, can anyone compare the Lenox G61MPV and the
Carrier 58MPV? I know the Lenox has a lifetime warranty on the heat
exchanger, I'm not sure if the same is true for the Carrier. I've been
quoted aprox $5800 to have the Lenox up and running and about 54 to have
the Carrier going.

Any opinions are very welcome.

IHateSpam wrote
"I am getting installed Infitity here in Toronto next week."

Did you compare the Carrier to any other models and why did you go with
the Carrier?

Thanks,
john