John Rumm

Charles Middleton wrote:

Hi, I assume that the platform would need to be slightly bigger than the
actual shower tray (900mm x 900mm) which may pose some problems but I can
look into that when I'm back home at the weekend.

It can be the same size and shape if you want.

How high would the platform need to be? I am assuming that I will also need

High enough to give you enough fall on the waste pipe. Hence it is
dictated a little by the length of the horizontal run of the pipe. 4" to
6" would be about normal.

a boxed in section down the one wall to run the pipe at floor level. Any
ideas on the best way to construct this and how far it would need to come
out from the wall?

Either just enough to cover the pipe, or, some people like to make it
bigger and taller so as to make a feature shelf of it.

Is it easy to tile onto wood and is there some sort of edging strip that I
can use to make the edge between the sides and top of the platform nice and
neat?

You get the plastic tiling trims. These are fixed in place before you
tile and have a neat rounded edge. You choose one that matches the
colour of your tiles, or go for one of the more tarty ones like chrome
or brushed ali effect.

--
Cheers,

John.