Ron Magen

Jay,
A few years ago I got the same 'duplicator' from Hartville Tool. If anyone
can get it to work on anything but a STRAIGHT cut, or VERY GENTLE curve . .
.. let me know how.

I got it so I could make 8 cornices for a pergola-like Rose Arbor I was
making for Joanne. All it did for me was ruin the template {originally made
for drawing/routing}. It wouldn't follow the curve and cut off a corner
before I realized it.

The only 'technique' that seems to make 'engineering sense' is the simple
jig {the blade is 'captured' in a notch at the end of a rounded piece of
flat stock} illustrated in any number of bandsaw manuals. Chapter 5 in
Duginske's 'Band Saw' book, for example.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
- - -

"Jay Pique" wrote in message Anyone with any
experience with using a template on a bandsaw? I see that LV has a
duplicator available for $20 -