BigWallop

Default Advice on which shower mixer?

"Lee Blaver" wrote in message
Just planning the bathroom revamp and now have to choose a shower
mixer..

Background;
We have a Turbomax 828 (28Kw DHW/11 l/min) combi, which is supposed to
be fully modulating for hot water, and this is a flat with just two of
us, so additional hot water drawoff whilst showering won't be a problem.
I'm not quite so sure about mains pressure fluctuations though.

So.. I'm unsure whether to go for a pressure-balancing, but not
thermostatic, mixer like the Mira 415 or go for a normal thermostatic
mixer like a Mira Excel.
SHMBO wants concealed mounting in either case.

Any opinions on the type (or brand) to go for?
Does one method have any particular advantages over the other?

Or should I just go OTT and fit a thermostatic mixer along with a
separate pressure balancing valve?

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com

Have a look through these:

http://tinyurl.com/g3av

http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/diy_test/Q3.5.html

http://tinyurl.com/g3al

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/combi.html#showers

http://www.bryant-bathrooms.co.uk/showers.htm

http://www.showerright.co.uk/system_types.htm

http://tinyurl.com/g3as

http://tinyurl.com/umw

Should me able to make your mind up wth the information in this lot. :-)
LOL

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com