Grunff

Default Need advice on covering shower drain pipe in floor

Mike Norris wrote:
I am in the process of reclaiming some space in our utility room which
has meant removal of an old shower cubicle which we never use
(previous owners used it for their dogs!)

This means that I need to cover over the old drain pipe which is a
vertical plastic waste pipe in the concrete floor, which goes to a
gulley somewhere under the rest of the concrete floor in this utility
room. At the moment in extends about 4 inches into the air, but
obviously I can cut this down to floor level.

Qustions are
Would it be safe just putting some concrete down this pipe, as there
must be a bend somewhere just below the surface?
Should I cap it off with something and then concrete over that? I need
to cover it as the shower cubicle area is about half an inch lower
than the rest of the room.

The main points are that the whole of the room is a concrete floor
with quarry tiles over most of it. I was planning to level everywhere
to the same height as the quarry tiles and then lino the whole room.

Any suggestions from the most useful group on Usenet most welcome.

I'd plug it with a plug of polystyrene/cloth/whatever, then fill with a
small amount of sand/cement.

--
Grunff