I-zheet M'drurz

Julie P. wrote:

I don't know what to do. I closed the bathroom sink plunger for
my first time ever, to wash a shirt, and now pushing or pulling
the handle doesn't open it! It's like it's not even connected
anymore. The sink is old. The water will not drain, except
through the emergency drain hole at the top of the sink. And
when I use the sink, it overflows, since that hole is too small
to drain. I now have a fruit fly infestation.

I don't want to have to contact the landlord to fix this for
various reasons. She wouldn't be able to fix it for a few weeks
anyway. The water in the sink is disgusting. I don't want to
have to open the sink from the bottom pipes either. Is there any
way to manually force the plunger open so the sink drains again?
I tried a kitchen knife, but it wouldn't fit. I need something
strong, yet thin, to fit in.

Thanks!

(sigh) Blonde?

Back away from the kitchen knife.

You need to open the cabinet door under the sink (if you have
one...Oh Deer Lowered, I may have just confused you *more*?)
and look for a piece of metal rod or tube sticking out the
back of the drain pipe (that's the fat one in the middle, you
know, under the hole!) You should recognize this metal rod
because it will have one close to it that is likely detached,
that would be the one attached to the bottom of "the handle".
Anyway, those two need to be *connected* somehow, that's your
long-term project, but for now just concentrate on the one
sticking out of the drain pipe. You should be able to grab
ehe end of it and gently lower it (think one side of a
see saw!) and that will move the drain plunger up, out of
the hole. Good luck.

--
Saluting America's #1 (animated) "MILF" - Lois Griffin!
Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line