Capitol

Default OT: Netiquette (Was [OT] Car insurance craziness)

OK, just to clarify the definition of "say 98%". I was referring to
consumer market PCs. This, I think, is "uk.d-i-y" newsgroup, which to me
means that it is a hopefully skilled, amateur, consumer oriented public
forum. I've never seen a consumer oriented PC using other than Microsoft
being sold over the past 3 years in the English(sometimes!) speaking
markets. Walmart have tried to sell various flavours of Linux, but the
penetration is too low to register. As I said, if the number of participants
is less than the nominal 98% then the group is failing to attract a wide
enough user base. This may suit the current users, but all organisations
which I have seen which did not maximise their market penetration have
failed to survive!
Anyway, it's been most entertaining.
OT- I found a pack of 60 Stanley knife blades in the local £ shop yesterday,
someone may be interested. Sorry Geoff, I don't think they travel down
wires.
Regards
Capitol