Robin S.

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message

Which Starretts? The last blades I bought were Starrett
Green Stripe bi-metal. Not the worst blades, but far from
the best. The best I've used, which apparently aren't made
anymore, were Milford Flexible Rezistors. Lenox stuff is
always pretty good, I'll have to try them next.

I use (and sell) the blue strip ones.

I just looked on www.starrett.com. The green stripe ones are specifically
made to be flexible. They are bimetal but made to be bent for use in tight
spaces.

The blue stripe ones are standard bimetal. They will bend, but they're made
to be fairly firm.

The red stripe ones are entirely HSS. Probably worth a small fortune (as far
as hacksaw blades go). Obviously they aren't exactly forgiving as far as
interrupted cuts and unsteady hands.

It pays to have the right tools ;-)

Regards,

Robin