Robin S.

"AL" wrote in message
news:WzVUc.324062$JR4.299180@attbi_s54...
I've been happy with Buck from Home Depot. I've used Lenox from J&L and
think it is slightly better, but it requires a trip out of my way.

If you have a normal hacksaw frame, get high speed steel blades.

If you have a modern high tension hacksaw frame, then get bimetal blades.

Any brand of bimetal blade is better than any brand of high speed steel
blade, which in turn is better than any brand of carbon steel blade.

I'm not sure that I would say that a HSS blade is worse than a bimetal
blade. (I'm sure carbon steel is all but useless due to bimetal).

HSS blades don't take flex very well. Bimetal tend to flex which sucks if
you want a really straight cut. Different tools for different jobs.

Regards,

Robin