David

Boy are you making a simple job difficult! Get some good
contact cement (the stuff with SOLVENT) --Weldwood will do,
and use a roller to apply TWO coats to each piece.
Carefully align and press together as the instructions state
on the can. Not too soon, and not to late. It isn't
gonna come apart...

Don't do this job around a source of ignition.

David

Poseidon wrote:

I am in the process of constructing a router table using ¾” MDF for the
case and tabletop. The case was completed with little problem or
fanfare. I cut two sections for the top and spread PVA glue over the
surface of one of the panels. I tried to spread the glue evenly with a
spatula and had difficulty spreading it. To further complicate matters
it appeared the MDF was absorbing the glue. I opted to drizzle glue over
the remainder of the piece (about ¼ of the area) and let gravity help
spread the glue. I assumed (big mistake) that the glue would spread out
when weight was applied on top. I stacked two coolers filled with water
on top and placed the cabinet case atop of that. I then put a couple of
boxes of ceramic tile on the case for good measure. I knew I was in
trouble when I saw glue being squeezed out sporadically around the
pieces. After letting it dry 2 days I uncovered the mess. As I feared
there is a gap on one side where the glue did not spread. I now have a
new top for my yet to be built SCM station!

Now I have to do it again. I have thought about using a paint roller to
try to evenly coat the panel. Has anyone tried this method? Any other
ideas? I have considered trying more weight but shy of parking a car on
it, I don’t have a clue what I could use. Again, any Ideas?