Lobster

"John Rumm" wrote in message

Have you considered building a platform to put the shower on? That would
then let you run the waste above the floor level. Once boxed in and
tiled it looks quite neat.

You beat me to it, John; I'm doing exactly this at the moment (well, sort
of - there's a heap in the corner of the garage comprising stone resin
tray, shower door, some bits of 4x2, and a sheet of WBP ply, all gathering
dust... SWMBO is not a happy cat)

Charles - providing you've got enough ceiling height I think this method is
a no-brainer; just set your sheet of ply on top of 4 lengths of 4"x2"
timber, pref arranged at 90 deg to the existing joists. You need a shallow
trap for the waste (ie designed for a shower), and you should then be able
to take the pipe through the floorboards. if need be, to wherever it needs
to go, without chopping up any joists.

If you attach a removable panel on the front (ie twixt shower tray and
floor) you'll easily be able to access the plumbing afterwards for
maintenance purposes (with a shower tray lying flat on the floor, aften the
only alternatives are trashing the shower tray or removing the ceiling
below. Ouch, in either case).

David