David

Scott, I'd never heard of that. I'll look into it. Do you
think it will affect the wax? Thanks.

David

Scott Packard wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:03:04 -0700, David wrote:

I know the thing will leave a spotless finish, but after
buying the unit, extra detergent and deionizer cartridge, I
expect more quality for my money and less hassle from it's
usage. I'll stick to conventional methods of wet, soap,
rinse, towel dry. With my luck, I'd most likely drop the
thing on the driveway and watch it burst into 500 pieces.
Maybe Mr. Clean Auto Dry is a solution looking for a problem.

snip

BTW, they suggest you wash in the shade, and don't use any
detergent but their super expensive concoction. AND you
will not get much water flow when you use the deionized
water for rinsing. If you are short and have a tall vehicle
like a van or SUV, forget about getting the wimpy stream to
reach the roof unless you are standing on a ladder.

I'm having some luck with adding baking soda to the wash bucket
before adding any detergent. I had expected it to only soften
the water (exchange potassium- and calcium- junk for sodium- junk).
I thought it would only help the detergent work a little better,
but it seems to help lower the surface tension of the rinse
water also, causing it to sheen a little more and form less
droplets.

Regards, Scott