zxcvbob

HorneTD wrote:
John
The new two pole, twenty ampere, breaker is installed in the panel at
the house were the circuit to the detached garage originates. You don't
need any new panel in the garage. Just install a switch or switches at
the garage to function as the required building disconnecting means.
--
Tom Horne

But if you have a salvaged panel (which if I remember right, you do),
you *can* use it instead of the switches. That might be handy if, say,
someday you convert your air compressor or table saw to 240V.

For just a 20A feeder, I think I'd use a 30A air conditioner disconnect
as my building disconnect (they are really cheap), and from there split
into a couple of 20A 120V circuits.

The most important thing is to replace that 30A breaker in the house
with a 20A to match you #12 wire size.

Bob