Bill Schnakenberg

David wrote:

I picked up one today, filled it with the detergent and had a mess on
my hands (literally). The flimsy cover for the detergent reservoir
didn't prevent spillage of the expensive and messy concentrated
detergent. I returned it to the store for a refund, after first
ascertaining that another unit suffered from the same problem.

I know the thing will leave a spotless finish, but after buying the
unit, extra detergent and deionizer cartridge, I expect more quality
for my money and less hassle from it's usage. I'll stick to
conventional methods of wet, soap, rinse, towel dry. With my luck,
I'd most likely drop the thing on the driveway and watch it burst into
500 pieces. Maybe Mr. Clean Auto Dry is a solution looking for a problem.

I've never had much luck with any of those car wash gimmicks. Water
powered spinning brushes or spinning felt pads, static brushes that
attach to hoses, etc. All of which waste water (unless you don't attach
the hose). Like you, I always go back to the basics. Wet down, wash with
car wash soap and towel (or brush), rinse, and dry with chamois. I am
still using a 10 year old chamois that is made by Speedo, and used by
swimmers to dry off after swimming competitions.
I still use the old Simonize paste car wax, which shine actually does
last a whole year.

If you have smallish hands, the handle will be uncomfortable. I wear
extra large gloves, so for me it's not an issue, but folks with small
to medium sized hands should give Auto Dry a "test drive" before
wasting their money.

BTW, they suggest you wash in the shade, and don't use any detergent
but their super expensive concoction. AND you will not get much water
flow when you use the deionized water for rinsing. If you are short
and have a tall vehicle like a van or SUV, forget about getting the
wimpy stream to reach the roof unless you are standing on a ladder.

David