Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Like I say, you've not done much serious stuff.;-)

You have no idea what I've done.

You asked why you'd jack a car up if you have a pit.

Non sequitur.

It's perfectly pertinent. If you spout on about something, it's expected
you should actually have used it and or know what it's likely to be used
for.

Most common things - apart from routine servicing - would involve
removing the wheels. Brakes. Shock absorbers. Suspension bushes.
Steering components. You need a jack for this - regardless of whether
you have a pit or not. There's really not that much you commonly need
to get underneath a car for these days.

er - so why do you need ramps?

You're asking this question while purporting to know all about car repairs
and servicing?

The answer is they don't. If you have a decent jack and axle stands you
can use those instead. I have all of these, but very very rarely use the
ramps. The odd occasion would be when I want to have the whole car off the
ground. Now on that rare occasion, a pit would be useful.

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.