Jonathan George

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Jonathan George wrote:

snip
the rising main. The shower installation instructions say that I
should have a separate 15mm feed from the cold water cistern to the
shower, and a 15mm feed from the hot water tank taken off below the
join to the vent pipe and before any other draws. All sound ok?

Yup - you should install the dedicated cold feed for the shower so that
it is sighted a little lower in the cold cistern than the feed that goes
to the hot water cylinder. That way if the cistern gets drained it is
the hot water that stops flowing first!
snip

Thanks for that. One more question. If my new cold feed for the shower has
to come off the cistern below the existing one to the hot tank, how do I
make a new hole in the tank without flooding my loft! Also, how important is
the thing about putting it lower down - the existing one is pretty low down
so there isn't that much more space.

Thanks again.
Jon