IMM

Default Magnetic limescale inhibitors - useful for carp?

"Michael McNeil" wrote in message
news:d1b5f841ab2e5b9149809bb507dda204.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Robert Irwin" catfishpcAThotmailDOTcom wrote in message

The plumber is about to fit one in our new place on a combi boiler. Do

these
work or should I tell him to send it back and get a chemical one?

I don't believe anyone in their right mind has ever tried fishing with
magnets. Maggots though...

Mine is an electronic one and it works.

All the top water softeners people make them,. Even Fernox make one. If
they did not
work these companies would not risk their reputation.

Works a treat. Highly recommended.

http://www.fernox.com/whatsnew/main_ewc.htm

Which says:

"Fernox Electronic Water Conditioner Fernox has recently launched the
solution to limescale in the home. The Fernox Electronic Water Conditioner,
an electronic scale-reducing device protects your system against the
damaging effects of limescale that can result in boiler or hot water
cylinder failure.

Using the latest micro-processor technology the unit produces a complex
modulating frequency waveform which causes the calcium carbonate to form
clusters. This way it remains in suspension and does not accumulate inside
the hot water cylinder or boiler, ensuring the system runs at peak
efficiency and saving on heating costs.

Not only does the Electronic Water Conditioner prevent the build-up of
further hard scale, it also dissolves existing scale, which will be flushed
from your system.

Guaranteed for 5 years the Fernox Water Conditioner offers long term
protection for the home."

Also:
One, the WaterImp, is even "endorsed" by the Chemical Engineering Dept. at
Bath University,
http://www.waterimp.co.uk/scientific.html

Also:

DPS at:
http://www.heatweb.com
Recommend the Water King electronic de-scaling box

Eco-Hometec (made by MAN) make one of the finest boilers around, in the RR
class, Andy hall will tell you all about it, yet as Simon Stroud on this ng,
who bought one, said..."One small issue when dealing with Eco-Hometec was
their apparent keenness for "electronic" water conditioners."

Top makers of heat banks/cylinder and boilers recommend electronic. They
recommend them as "in the field" they are known to work.

And my Aqua-Dial electronic descaler, who make phosphor descalers and full
salt softeners, still works.

---