IMM

"P.Kyle esquire" wrote in message

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article ,

Timegoesby
wrote:
The energy rating on appliances is A for the best. Some say they

are
plus, which means they go much further. How do I get to know which

is
the best energy appliance on the market and how much power they
consume in real pounds figures per ann? The A, B, C rating is too
vague. Is this rating now out of date?

Usually the label has a predicted consumption under standard

operating
conditions. The A+ and A++ ratings have apparently come in this year
because too many appliances got A (shades of school exams?) - see

I read on the Teletext that some minister was slagging elitist people

for
ribbing the A levels because lots of people passed them. They can't

accept
that there are many brainy people about these days. Very true.

Kids haven't suddenly got brainier, there's a political drive to show
that the education system is working

Wake up at the back and look at your glorious leader

The ones who gripe are mainly middle classy types upset that the

working
class kids can do better than their kids. Pathetic.

Would you like to back that up with something, e.g. facts ?

My son's "A" level physics course had a lot less depth than when I did
mine and his final year project (he got a 2.1) might have struggled to
make a pass compared to when I was at university

Maybe you are just very intelligent?

Of course Maxi is intelligent, he know all about things.