Leon

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Oh, bull****. What you are recommending is basically vigilante justice,

with
the cops doing all the deciding of who is and isn't guilty.

No, simply that the suspect stop running when a police officer is chasing
him. If the officer breaks a law then he will have to deal with that
problem. But If you run from a policeman and he tells you to stop and you
don't, you are just asking for problems as well you should be.

Given, our legal system is in need of repair. Given, too many people get

away
with too much. Given, something has to be done. Not given: cops with the

right
to do as the damned well please on any or no evidence at all.

You are blowing this out of proportion. I beleive the original idea was
someond being hurt when stealing. Cops do have the legal right to order
anyone to stop and to stop that person.

If we could be absolutely sure ever cop, especially rent-a-cops though,

had
perfect judgment, then quite possibly allowing them to manhandle

prisoners, or
about-to-be prisoners, might be justified. Unfortunately, no one has

perfect
judgment, and double unfortunately, the Consitution gives us particular

rights
around arrest and incarceration.

It is not a perfect world and never will be as long as we allow criminals to
rule our lives and get away with breaking the law. Still I believe that a
policeman should work within the law but a policeman is only human and if
you **** him off you should expect the consequenses. When people stop
respecting the policemans athority they should not expect to be treated like
royalty.

Law breakers should have the fear of the law drummed into them.

But the liberal laws protect them. It has to be up to the police officers
to put this fear into the criminals. Jail time obviousely does not work.
The only thing most criminals fear is being beaten up.

want clerks in stores decided that I shoved something in my pocket because

they
didn't see me put it back on the shelf. Or, rather, I don't want them

following
me out of the store and jumping on me, or anyone else, over such things.

Criminals do not want this to happen either. I seriousely doubt that you
will be jumped if you simply cooperate and show them that you don't have
something that you have not paid for.

I'm too old and fat to retaliate as I once might have, but I could sure as

hell
remove some teeth and part of an ear, maybe all of it, before going down.

And then call the lawyers.

And if you had actually stolen something while being treated this way, the
liberal laws have failed again. When did the the citizens loose the right
to protect their property?