Leon

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Yup, I guess you're right. Correct, that is. Obviously right. The

Constitution
is all screwed up, according to you, because the presumption of innocence

comes
from that source.

I understand your thinking here but the constitution is not perfect and
todays thief has had 200+ years to learn how to get around the law.
Presumption of innocense should not be applicable when there is no doubt
that some one is stealing and you tell them to stop.

There must be a lot of idiots around, by the way. They keep getting

caught.

And they keep getting out and continuing a life of crime.

Legally enough so that we have something like 1 person in 140 in jail in

this
country.

Now imagine if getting caught was not a good thing. I wonder how many
people would look for alternatives to stealing if they knew that their odds
of being hurt when running away from a crime were greater. I'm am not
saying that everyone shoud be tackeled and hurt, just those that have not
learned to stop when being chased by the police.

Liberal laws help keep the good people honest but only protect the criminal.