(DaddyMonkey) wrote in message ...
The OLD bathtub was cast iron.
It was 60"x30"x16" and an estimated weight of about 250 pounds (dry).

I'm going to be installing a jetted tub within this 3-Wall
nitch/cove of about the same size (60x30x20). This new tub will be
acrylic/fiberglass, which weighs less than the old cast iron tub I
removed.

My question is... Would installing ceramic tile UNDER this new tub
HELP with protecting against water damage to the sub-flooring... or, am
I asking for future trouble by ending up with a bunch of cracked tiles?

I don't really know the weight of the jetted tub... but I will
get back to you if needed. (I'm looking at the Jacuzzi Luxura 530,
#N790). Thanks in advance!

God bless,
David

I can't think of any reason to put tile under a tub. What would be the point?