R Taylor

"tony sayer" wrote in message news
In article , alterego
writes
I want to make a section of lead flashing to wrap around an external
corner. This requires a soldered joint or two but I can't find out how
to do it. I'm a fairly experienced DIYer and not afraid to learn
something new. Can anyone tell me how to join two pieces of lead
please? Thanks

Err' 'um solder?.

Plumbers solder should do the trick, and a small gas blowlanp. Practise
well on some scrap first. Solder is a mix of tin and lead so the melting
point is slightly lower than lead alone, but theres not much in it so be
very careful not to melt the whole shooting match.....

as I did, putting a neat hole in some valley flashing :-)

eventually I resorted to sticking a patch on with leadmate from screwfix
and, so far, it's still stuck & still waterproof.

RT