Ron Hardin

Default Safe to use WD40 as switch or potentiometer cleaner?

Franky wrote:

Is it safe to use WD40 as a switch (or potentiometer) cleaner on
circuit boards and in electronic equipment?

I know that you can get the proper aerosol spray cans of switch
cleaner but if I find myself without one of those then can I use
WD40?

Personally I would guess it is not OK as I figure there is always a
thin layer of oil but several people I have spoken to say that they
use WD40 all the time.

Any views on this?

I have great results with Caig DeoxIT, which prevents oxidation as well. WD40 sounds
very unlikely.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....7&WebPage_ID=3

I use the brush-on mostly, on plugs and jacks; the spray for some pots.
Actually works.
--
Ron Hardin