Clif

"George" george@least wrote in message
The _law_ is liberal, Charlie. Stick that chip over to the side

somewhere
beyond your shoulder.

No, there is NOT a way of restraining someone who wants to walk away

except
to restrain them by applying greater and opposite force.

Being a former security officer, I can tell you there is more than one way
someone, unfortunately it generally takes physical force to do it. I can
also tell you that depending on the state, firm you work for, local laws,
and store, that there are times when you are NOT ALLOWED BY LAW to touch a
person unless you are willing to personally "citizens arrest" that
individual and then take full reprecussion if that person is found innocent
of charges. Furthermore if you do hold that person against their will YOU
can be charged with False Imprisonment/holding someone against their will.
I believe, and this is MY opinion, that the laws are way too lax and that
too many people get away with too much junk because of lawyers (not all)
that want to make a quick buck. For example

- somoene broke into a house, and cut their leg on the glass that THEY
broke and sued the homeowner and won.
- someones family filed a wrongful death suit against a homeowner who shot
and killed a person who broke into their home.
- someone was awarded a large sum of money for spilling HOT COFFEE from a
popular restaurant drive through

Damn, someone has been busy, and we are paying for it

stepping off the soapbox, breathing in fresh air while I still can for free

Clif