Charlie Self

George writes:

The _law_ is liberal, Charlie. Stick that chip over to the side somewhere
beyond your shoulder.

No, there is NOT a way of restraining someone who wants to walk away except
to restrain them by applying greater and opposite force. Makes me laugh
when I see cop shows where the perp is held at gunpoint. Unless he's an
idiot, he knows that the officer is not allowed to shoot. He can keep
walking away until, of course, he's tackled. Oh yes, presumption of
innocence goes beyond arrest; guilt's a matter for the courts to decide, so
your MAYBE is always a maybe, even when they're wearing six pairs of
designer jeans

Yup, I guess you're right. Correct, that is. Obviously right. The Constitution
is all screwed up, according to you, because the presumption of innocence comes
from that source.

There must be a lot of idiots around, by the way. They keep getting caught.
Legally enough so that we have something like 1 person in 140 in jail in this
country.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary