Leo Lichtman

"Alan Van Art" wrote: (clip) I'd like to hear some comments about the
Bowlsaver's use on underpowered lathes. Can I expect it to work well with my
Jet, (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I bought the Bowlsaver when I had a Jet 1236 lathe, and it worked quite
well. I later up-graded to the small McNaughton system, and I was also able
to make it work, but it was marginal. I made a few very small nested bowls
with it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
..(clip) Is it just one size tool (for a single size core), or is it a
complete set like the McNaughton System?
The Bowlsaver uses two cutters, one for small bowls, and the other for bowls
up to 12". The one you are not using is reversed in its clamp. On a lathe
with a 12" swing, you would not be able to make use of the wide range of
McNaughton blades.
(clip)which size tool post does my lathe have?
You have a 1" toolpost.