Bannygrob

Default Burying gas pipe?

Just about to put an offer in on a house where the incoming gas supply(after
meter to cooker) travels through a concrete floor but has been boxed in with
wood. Over a period of time the wood has rotted away just leaving a 'trough'
containing a 15mm copper gas pipe and loads of rotten wood. The ideal way of
putting this right would be to fill the trough with fresh concrete but the
present owner tells me that it was not done that way in the first place
because it would not meet current gas regs. I realise that you have to make
provision for any gas leak to be able to escape to outside air but can
anyone advise whether encasing the pipe in concrete would fall foul of the
regs?
Thanks in advance for any advice.