Eugene

BUB 209 wrote:

This post will be a little depressing to some of you, so you might want to
read it with a friend - and then wonder why prices might be a little
higher at Sears.
I was at the Sears Hardware in Alsip, IL last week, checking out at the
register.
This big kid in a winter parka sauntered in and started crusing the tool
aisles,
up and down, up and down. One of the older male employees called for
help, but all they would do was stand a couple of aisles away with their
backs to the
kid. It was pretty obvious what was happening. The next day I went in
for something or other and asked the old guy if what I thought I was
seeing was
what was really happening, and he said, yeah, on a daily basis. Many of
the Sears Hardware stores are going under. They're staffed with a skeleton
crew of mimimum wage employees whose only self-defense training is for
punching themselves in the chest to get the pacemaker going again, so they
aren't
going to run out the door to tackle the guys. So if you want to add to
your
tool collection, come over to Sears Hardware. It's open season.

The sears hardwares here were pretty nice for a while but still never
carried any lumber. They they changed to Orchard hardware and kind of died
out. The big new mall near my office the sears store is huge and there are
usually a dozen employees always stocking shelves but 1 out of 10 actually
knows where something is and its usually the same old guy at the register
who knows me by name.