The Natural Philosopher

steve wrote:

With reference to recent threads mostly about power tools and the
price
verses value issues that always seem to arise I thought I would put
down a
few words and it isn't pro or anti any one person just a few
observations in
general

snip a ling winded way of saying...

COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS.

It's really that simple, what does it cost in every sense, and what
benefit do you derive from it?

Should I buy a 60K brand new Merc with 6 years full warranty, or a 600
quid old banger that will get me to the shops and back for a year before
being scrapped?

Only I can answser that. Because its down to the miles I might do, my
perception of the value of a shiny new car in the drive versus a rusty
old banger etc.

So its a totally silly question, It had to be in the first place as I
looked at the legnth of the DeWalt thread and the number of posts by IMM.

And ignored it.