J. Clarke

Mr.Breeze wrote:

I just purchased a house that has a garage completely empty...not a
shelf or bench in site...(unlike my last home)...Im headed for some
woodworking...my main project will be putting some shelves up....the
garage is completely drywall..so Im curious how to attach the wooden
2x4's to the drywall so the shevles will be secure and
steady?....thanks from a new woodworker in training.

Get a stud finder and locate the wood or steel studs behind the drywall, and
fasten your shelf supports to those. Don't count on drywall to hold any
load heavier than a picture. Heck, don't even _count_ on it to hold
that--if the picture's valuable either put it over a stud or run a board
between two studs behind it.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)