Malcolm Stewart

Default Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants?? Reverse problem

The Question Asker wrote in message
But are we allowed to use it without a licence/authorisation?

I've got just the reverse problem to you. Water is steadily appearing in one
part of my garden and seeping into the ground a short distance away, between my
house and my neighbours fence. Neighbour is away abroad on holiday, so can't
find out any details from them just now, although their house is being minded,
and it doesn't seem to be from a garden watering system, stuck in the "full-on"
position.
At the moment I don't know if my problem is a new spring (it's Oxford clay
underneath, I've been here 20 years and it's never happened before), or whether
it's a mains supply leak. Said water is gently up-welling from below ground,
and this is happening at a point which is not the lowest point by any means, and
areas a short distance away are still dry. Supply pipe runs are some distance
away on the far side of both my and my neighbour's houses. I've checked the
water hardness, and for what it's worth the up-welling water is 25-30% harder
than the already hard tap-water.

It's sure making the vegetation grow like there's no tomorrow!

I'm a bit reluctant to contact the water authorities before neighbour returns
home!

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK