raden

In message , mich
writes

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Graeme wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
"mich" wrote
| It is not mine. It was just left by its owner. I
| did contact the owner about it but never got a reply.
| That was five years ago.
| Are you still in contact with the owner? If you are, it
| would be prudent to send a letter recorded delivery telling
| him you intend to dispose of the piano in, say, 28 days
| from the date of the letter.
| I am not in contact with the owner. ... hence I have no knowledge
| of her current wherabouts.

And when the old slapper does turn up, you can also charge her for

storage.

And destruction/tipping?

Thanks for suggestion to everyone.

I am reluctant to destroy it myself largely because it isn't mine even
though I couldn't care less if someone else broke it up.
As for charges , that raises a smile. I have never been paid for storage
for those ten years. I wonder how much that could come to? Maybe I could
get my brother a little of the money she took from him?

The other problem is of course the actual practical difficulty of moving/
taking way, which will cost. When I moved house five years ago I had to pay
extra for the piano and some removers wouldn't even look at the job.
It is heavy and a b***** to shift.

Cost of removal I reckon would be about £100 based on the figures I got
then.
I do know the council will not take it and I cant take it down the amenity
tip/ recycling tip because it needs a van to transport it ( I have a VW
Polo, I cant see me getting it in the boot somehow) and the tip will not let
vans onto the site without an extra charge ( any van is commercial according
to them). Again £100 cost to get rid of it there plus the cost of a van
hire.

My only viable option may be to break it up unless someone wants it for free
and is willing to pay the cost of taking it away.

Have you asked around your local schools, clubs etc, they might just
take it off your hands and make good use of it

--
geoff