Mary Fisher

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:58:49 +0100, "G&M"
wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Is there any planning permission required for constructing an
inspection pit inside a garage on a domestic dwelling?

But I don't quite see why the council planning bods would be
interested, as what could happen just by digging a pit?

How would they know?

I'd forgotten that our garage has a pit, a) it's covered with boards and
probably full of stored stuff and b) the boards can't be seen for all the
stuff which lives in the garage.

I mean, how many garages are used for cars?

You can't even get TO our garage in a car even if you could get into it.
Repairs are done - when they are (these days mostly the car goes to the
professionals) by driving it on to ramps and jacking the other end.

Mary