Jack Casuso

I think the suggestions regarding airing out outside and baking powder should work. You might also try wiping down the inside with Oil of Cedar wood which would probably cover the odor and provide garment protection at the same time

"RWK" wrote in message news:zFMTc.44093$US4.43687@trndny01...
wife inherited a old armoire-about 75 yrs old. veneer marquetry with nice patina on outside. Trouble is, inside has a musty smell. Looks to be some kind of softwood stained dark. I tried 2 coats of waterbased poly on inside but it still smells.

Any ideas on getting rid of smell or sealing it in?

thanks