DanG

I would not have put anything on it.

I have no suggestion at this point. In the futu

I would have made a wet paste of Tide brand laundry soap and
washed the inside of drawers and the cabinet lightly, not trying
to soak the wood. Let stand outside in the sun for a day (several
days if convenient).

A potpourri ball of some type to develop a new scent. I would use
cedar chips/shavings in an open mesh bag.

Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"RWK" wrote in message
wife inherited a old armoire-about 75 yrs old. veneer marquetry
with nice patina on outside. Trouble is, inside has a musty
smell. Looks to be some kind of softwood stained dark. I tried
2 coats of waterbased poly on inside but it still smells.
Any ideas on getting rid of smell or sealing it in?
thanks