IMM

"Darth Ai" wrote in message
. uk...
Speedfit are about the worse plastic fittings.

To be fair, if you cut the pipe properly then all is well. Thickos who
can't use tools and\or pipe properly would find anything useless.

Mr, Pole, I would go along with that.

Get a combi

Only one?

To be fair, I don't think I would even contemplate returning to DIY

plumbing
if speedfit had not come along. I've been very careful when using speedfit
to cut pipe squarely and I always clean pipe ends as though I am going to
sweat them which may seem extreme and obsessive. My father was a complete
nut about cleaning things up before assembling them and somewhat drilled

the
practise into me, be it car mechanics, electrics or plumbing. I suspect it
was a carry over from his days in the services.

So far I have never had a problem with 15mm or 22mm fittings for both

mains
and tank/cylider feeds. Haven't tried them on c/h which is why I'm a

little
anxious about using them for the straight connections and elbows in my

28mm
piping. However, they are reputedly suitable for all c/h use so I'll press
ahead with speedfit and see what happens!

I strongly advise you not to use Speedfit. Marley Equator and Osma Gold are
far superior. You may regret it.

I still don't know what a "combi" is unless this is referring to a combi
boiler in which case I don't understand the relevance to this thread.

He does mean a combi boiler and there is not relevance to this thread. I
think Mr Pole is confused.