Larry Jaques

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:30:22 GMT, Prof. Harry Paratestis
calmly ranted:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:37:10 GMT, "Darryl Moore"
wrote:

I've got this wild hair of an idea to construct a 24" or larger bandsaw, by
using Bicycle tires (big mountain bike type)
I've run across a few bikes in thrift stores and the such for under $20
buck.
I'm wondering if I can utilize the two tires along with the treads and inner
tube to construct a housing(steel) where I can use it in a bandsaw
fashion???? I could even use the sprocket chain and such to provide a means
to electrically power the wheel- surely it won't be this easy, with the
alignment and guides and stuff,but the basics seem pretty sound to me at
this point... Just think I can probably end up with a Bandsaw that has a 26"
throat working capacity for under $100 bucks by welding bike parts and
scraps...mmmmm - I only plan to do light wood working and aluminum cutting
with it... IS THIS A FEASIBLE IDEA??!

Yes, Darryl. 636-724-1812 , Gilliom Manufacturing, Inc.
500 Boonslick Rd, PO Box 1018, St. Charles, MO 63302-1018
for 18" and 12" wheels plus all the other parts for homemade
bandsaws, sanders, table saws, etc. (Primarily woodworking,
but everything's modifiable, right?)

Or find the Vincent Gingery book for building your own 12" x
6"d bandsaw and modify the plans.

Save your time and effort and possibly consider a good used one for
$200 that WILL last you for a long time or untill you sell it .

I've seen 14" bandsaws going cheap, but 24+ inchers?

The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html
the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts