mike ring

"Darth Ai" wrote in
. uk:

If you are right, hopefully I can just
connect 28mm pipe directly to the fittings on the cylinder, if not
I'll have to step down to 22mm.

If you're having your cylinder built to order perhaps you could specify
28mm fittings - I just bought a quick recovery that has 22mm compression
fittings as standard and it's a lot easier than fooling around with BSP.

I don't know if I should confess this here but I am looking to try and
do this entire job using speedfit connectors.

I don't see anything wrong with that, but there are various types and
qualities of plastic fittings that you may get advice on from folks who've
used it - I stick with copper for cheapness (and elegance) of end feed
fittings, but mainly because I don't want to have to learn about plastic
assembly and demounting.

I need to try and do this entire job in about 2-3 days.

Good luck - mine's taking more like 2-3 months, but there's just me and
I've got mains water and an electric shower and it's summertime...

I guess I'd better sweat up another joint or two tomorrow, me zone valves
(Myson, with the pretty blinkenlights) and the full bore 22mm circulating
pump ball valves, are coming Monday

mike