Andy Dingley

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:17:15 GMT, "William Wells"
wrote:

Where can I find some wood inlaying tools?

Better toolshops.

_But_ you need to either make your own, or prepare for some serious
shocks on the pricing. Most of these things are hand-made, pretty
much as one-offs and you're paying accordingly. A Holtey purfling
cutter is a joy to behold, but it ain't cheap...

There are cheap inlay tools around (try somewhere more musical) but
the quality of many of them is diabolical.

I'd suggest some basic metalworking (but I would, wouldn't I 8-) )
With the aid of a few "beyond hope" pre-war chisels or a bar of O-1
steel and the simplest of gas torches, you can grind and harden pretty
most all of the main tools.

--
Smert' spamionam