Chris Wood

In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

BTW, I don't think the 22-580 comes with spare
knives.

Mine didn't.

When I got mine (Summer 2002), it came with nothing extra. And I paid
$400 for it!

I had to order the dust collector attachment gizmo.

Later, they came with the dust collector and a spare set of knives
(IIRC).

I need to tune it up; the carriage is not exactly parallel to the table,
so boards that go through on the left side come out a little thinner
than boards that go through on the right. I cut a bunch of half lap
joints; the test pieces were perfect, the work pieces were off by up to
..010".

If you don't have a planer, I'd get this one, at this price. Sure, the
DeWalt 735 is newer, and not as tall, and has a third knife (and a third
speed?) But it's twice the money!

Jim
www.woodblog.com

Chris
--
Change 'there' to 'woh' to reply via email