John

Default central heating circuit diagrams

"Darth Ai" wrote in message
k...
If its a standard big lump of iron Rayburn then he WILL need to make
arrangements to dump heat from the unit when the heating is off and/or

the
hot water is satisfied. Best advice is to consult AgaRayburn

I assume that is a simple as a hot water tank thermostat which will a)
divert the valve close the valve regulating the circulating of the primary
circuit, and b) turn off the burners if no other supply requires the heat,
e.g. the central heating.

Am I right in my assumption? How else can you "dump" heat?

Darth

Your post did not make clear what type of Rayburn you have but if the
"boiler" part is composed of a big solid lump of cast iron which is heated
by the same burner as the rest of the cooker as the early ones were then it
isn't possible to stop the water heating up when the cooker is in use so
turning off the flow to rads or cylinder primary will lead to the water
within the boiler actually boiling (ie rising to 100 deg C). A heat dump is
a radiator fed by gravity which dissipates the boiler heat - wasteful but
neccessary with this setup.
You might have a more modern Rayburn such as the Royale which has two
seperate burners one for the cooker and one for the boiler. In this case it
is possible to control the units seperately.
As I said it is best to ask Rayburn for a true assessment and correct
answer!