Gunner

Default 110v vs. 220v for welder

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:25:58 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

/Please/ tell me that after that accident you removed that mis-wired
120V receptacle, ran right out and got a proper 220V receptacle for
the wall (and a matching cord cap for the welder) so someone couldn't
do that again...

Bruce..you are aware of the typical window AC 220 outlet with the two
prongs turned 90 degrees from standard 110?m

(- -)

Right?

New neighbors came over a couple years ago wanting to borrow a pair of
pliers so they could bend the prongs on their tv cord to "stick it in
that weird wall socket thingy"

I loaned it to them..and before they made it out the front door it
dawned on me what they were trying to do. Stopped em.

The house later burned down because of an over load on a kitchen
outlet according to the local paper. It was an older house with the
screw in fuses, and they had done the penny under the fuse trick as
the toaster, electric fry pan and the coffee maker used at the same
time always blew the fuse. In the same outlet with a threeway adapter.

Darwin was right.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann