Larry Jaques

Default Clutch master cylinder rebuild kits?

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:18:35 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

Yup. I changed mine out on the burning concrete in front of my RV
while up on jackstands and by myself. Lots of fun wrastlin that
tranny up in place and getting it stabbed with the CAT rubbing the end
of a fellas nose.

That's gotta hurt, that unrequited tickle.

How did you bleed the clutch master cylinder?

Push clutch in, crack open the line from the MC to the SC,
close, repeat as necessary. The MC should have a compensating
port to self-bleed, so I usually do that in the vise (with the
port blocked) before installing. Numerous light taps on the
piston (1/16" long) will help bleed it. Watch for tiny bubbles
from the comp port, the smaller hole in front of the fill port
for the cylinder. When they're gone, most of the air is out of
the MC.

I figured that it was time to replace everything clutch related, so I
did.

The savvy machinist would have modified an inexpensive version
from another vehicle so that future replacements, if even
necessary, would be quick, simple, and painless.

Gator: The other white meat!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development