Dave Plowman (News)

Default Cordless combi

In article ,
Britannica wrote:
The battery on my old B&D cordless drill/driver seems to have packed
up.

If you're otherwise happy with it, replace the cells. Just about all the
usual suppliers - RS, CPC, Maplin etc do tagged cells suitable for this.

Although these will seem expensive, they are much better quality cells
than the ones fitted to el cheapo new drills, and the quality of the cells
has a *vast* influence on the overall performance.

I'd like to replace it with a cordless combi but most of them seem a
bit expensive for the use I'd find for it. Two cheapish examples I've
found are the Ryobi CMI-1202 - 12v Maxi Combi Cordless from Machine
Mart (£88) and the Erbauer 14.4V Combi Drill from Screwfix (£99).

I'd be grateful for opinion on which is the better of these two....I
can't really afford deWalt or Makita.

--
*Rehab is for quitters.

Dave Plowman London SW