Andy Hall

Default Cordless combi

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:14:27 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
If I wanted to get a new drill driver I'd look at a non-combi Makita/Blue
Bosch or DW product.

This demonstrates the marketing of these companies, or is it because they
are in Screwfix? These three brands, people here put up as the "best".
Makita, yes, but quality falling, the other two no Even the DeWalt service
agent tells people to buy other brands. Yet there are other brands which
mainly are superior that never get mentioned, like Hitachi, Atlas Copco,
Panasonic, etc.

I have certainly not noticed Makita quality falling. Remarkably
reliable, IME.

I have a Hitachi circular saw which is pretty good and solid. In its
price range, it has reviewed as best of breed and is good to use.

Panasonic make excellent drill/screwdrivers, but they are quite
expensive. If I ever needed an additional one, I would consider
their product.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl