James Sweet

Default What happens to old FM radios?

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in message news:ZCWSc.296954$XM6.111241@attbi_s53...
Hi!

As far as i`m concerned all commecial FM radios can go in the garbage
because they have a problem playing 50% commercials .
I now have XM satalite radio and finally away from constant car
commercials and war news every 10 minutes :-)

I don't know about that...there are plenty of other uses for these radios.
If you don't like the programming you find, make your own. There exist

very
low power devices to transmit any line level signal into the average FM
radio. I think I've even see a few that did both AM and FM.

Or take it a step further and maybe get a license for LPFM?

There are still a few good radio stations in this area, but some have died
recently. Usually the commercials aren't the problem...the programming I
like to hear just isn't very popular any longer.

William

Yeah that's what I do, transmitter in the house on the computer, can play
CD's, MP3's, etc and pick them up in the garage on the radio out there, on
my walkman for mowing the lawn, and anywhere else.