Martin H. Eastburn

Default putting feet on mill?

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:39:19 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

I am going to try your grease and go idea tommorow, along with a large stack of
shims....should take me oh, say 4 hours of turning (not much travel on those
1.25" studs. I tried a test lift of the mill with a solid steel 8 foot
prybar...Mill 1, prybar 0. Damn big mill....sigh.

Rick

No railroad jack in the area? I love mine for just this sort of thing.
Jack up the front until its high enough for the feet, install, lower
and repeat on the rear.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann

http://www.hyjacks.com/mj112.htm
I suspect Gunner has one of these beautiful tools.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer