Dave Plowman

Default OT Digital Radios

In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
Good idea... a Freeview box would save money as well, being about half
the price of a DAB tuner. But does anyone know:

- is the sound quality going to be OK?

Yes - as good as you'll get.

- is it more likely to manage with an indoor aerial, less likely, or
the same? (the FM tuner gets a good signal with a bit of wire stuck in
the back)

Pretty unlikely to work without a decent outside aerial, I'm afraid. It's
not designed for mobile or portable use.

- how practical is it to use it as a radio tuner without a TV? (I could
take it to the TV room for setting-up first).

No problems. Once it's stored the stations it can be moved.

So many questions. It ought to be easier than this.

Nothing 'digital' ever is easy. The public wouldn't like it if it was.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn