Patrick Olner

Default MCB discrimination and size?

- thanks very much to one and all - yet again this fantastic resource
and the absolute stars within it have saved the day!

- Andrew, no problem with machines and lighting etc - the workshop
will be half darkroom and half craft area, so it does need to supply
some pretty hefty items - print processor, water heater, etc, as well
as the more usual run o'the mill stuff.

With regard to workshop having it's own earth rod - is this strongly
advised? I also should have mentioned that that the fuse supplying the
workshop is on the RCD side of a split way consumer unit ... so do I
really need RCD protection with the workshop too? Should I decide to
do so .. would the 40a cartridge fuse in the house consumer unit be OK
being fitted on the RCD side of the house CU?

cheers
patrick