m Ransley

Default Portable Generator once more..

The Generac EXL line all have oil filters. EXL is Electric start
Extended Life. The 4000EXL the 7500 EXL and the one you mentioned 7550
EXL, They also come with an extra oil filter , Battery and float charger
and cover. I have a 7500 EXL from Lowes which often has a Transfer
Panel kit giveaway. The models on EXL are similar but Generac badges
each stores unit as unique so they dont have to expose the store to
price wars. So ineffect HD and Lowes carry the same unit plus or minus
a few features but HD will not match a price at Lowes saying it is a
different model when in actuality it is but say a 50 watt higher rating
and different color and extra extension cord, or other giveaway. The
700$ 4000 EXL is nice as is the 7500 EXL which I paid 1250 but got allot
of freebees, Air - Oil filters, plugs, Oil, Charger, and a completly
wired transfer panel , Wire- cable, Plugs , and ccver. Generac makes
their own steel sleeve, pressurised , oil filtered , electric start
motor and is owned by Briggs & Stratton.
Remember to run it with a mild load of 220 in no longer than 6 mo
intervals or the Gen Head can loose residual field magnitism and need
complicated " Flashing " to Re -magnitise the Gen Head magnetic field.